Wolf Trap’s 2008 season has had its official unveiling, so this summer’s opera schedule is now public!
Links for details on individual shows:
- Verdi’s Un giorno di regno [The Barns – June 13, 15(m), 17]
- Handel’s Alcina [The Barns – July 11, 13(m), 15]
- Strauss’ Ariadne auf Naxos [The Barns – August 15, 17(m), 19]
- Bernstein’s Candide in concert with the National Symphony Orchestra [Filene Center – July 6]
- WTOC & Steven Blier at The Barns in Happy Birthday to Two: Celebrating Bernstein & Bolcom [May 31] and Tales from the Vienna Woods [July 19]
- Instant Opera! at the Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods [July 15-19]
Tickets available starting March 29.
More detail and backstory on each project in the weeks to come.
I’m on “vacation” in Blacksburg VA today, starting the wind-up pitch that will land my younger child in college next fall :) I’ll post again later this week from the recording studio, where we’re mastering Volpone!
Congratulations Kim!! What a great line-up. Can’t wait for Ariadne at the Barns. Won’t miss the Filene center a bit!!
Alcina?! Three shows in the Barns?! Man…now I wish I could come back this Summer.