Artist in Residence Alan Held is back for his second week with our singers, and a busy one it will be! Here are the details in case you want to join in the fun…
Saturday, June 25 – Recitative Seminar
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm at the Center for Education (free event)
- Alan is joined by colleagues Caroline Woodfield (Opus 3 Artists), Michael Eberhard (Opera Philadelphia) and Tamara Wilson (WTO ’08) in a frank, free-wheeling discussion of trends in the industry and navigating the challenges of a career. This event is designed first and foremost for our artists, but we invite you to listen in.
Sunday, June 26 – Aria Jukebox
- 2:00 pm Wine, Cheese & Voting
- 3:00 pm Concert (ticketed performance)
- Our singers offer up a selection of arias both popular and rare, the audience picks what it wants to hear, and I accompany the selections. And if we’re lucky, one of the world’s reigning Wotans may join us onstage… (shhhhh)
Monday, June 27 – Master Class
- 7:00 pm at the Center for Education (free event)
- Attendees get a look inside what makes a performance great, as Alan shares tips and advice with several of our Studio Artists.
Friday, July 1 – America the Beautiful with the National Symphony Orchestra
- 8:15 pm at the Filene Center (ticketed performance)
- Great American music from the NSO, with a video trip through America’s National Parks and several appearances by Wolf Trap opera artists – including Alan, who will perform a patriotic medley commissioned and arranged for him!