Wolf Trap Opera and the National Symphony Orchestra in a thrilling tale of love, lust, and desire. New production, fully staged and costumed with custom video projection design. Sung in French with English supertitles.
Carmen is one of the world’s most popular operas, featuring dramatic and memorable arias including the sultry “Habanera,” the passionate “Flower Song, ” and the virile “Song of the Toreador.” With its vibrant colors and evocative images, this new Operascape* production created for Wolf Trap’s beautiful outdoor amphitheatre will transport you to Spain.
The Carmen production team and cast (including guest cast member David Pogue) will be capturing behind-the-scenes photos and videos throughout the performance. Join them on the journey at:
Backstage footage and photos will be available before the show. New content will be added at intermission and after the performance!
*Operascape productions are fully staged, with custom-designed video projections and costumes.
- Carmen - Maya Lahyani, mezzo soprano
- Don José - Kevin Ray, tenor
- Escamillo - Norman Garrett, baritone
- Micaëla - Melinda Whittington, soprano
- Zuniga - Ryan Speedo Green, bass-baritone
- Moralés - Joo Won Kang, baritone
- Frasquita - Mireille Asselin, soprano
- Mercédès - Virginie Verrez, mezzo soprano
- Le Remendado - Robert Watson, tenor
- Le Dancaïre - Tobias Greenhalgh, baritone
Conductor – Grant Gershon
Director – Tara Faircloth
Video Projection Design – S. Katy Tucker
Costume Design – Rooth Varland
Lighting Design – Mark Stanley
Wigs & Makeup – Elsen Associates
Other Staff – Marie-France Lefebvre, French Diction; Lewis Shaw, Fight Coordinator; Emily Cuk, Directing intern
Stage Management – Kristin Orlando, PSM; Katherine Schroeder, ASM; Renee Varnas, Stage Management Intern